Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Thrasher

So I do not know if you guys remember this, but at the beginning of our blog I mentioned that Kafka wrote an extra chapter for this book and did not know where to place it, so in everyone of his copies he randomly places it somewhere.

I think that the Thrasher, the chapter we just read was the extra chapter. I found it to be somewhat irrelevant to the story. I get that he goes back to the bank and is working a late night, he runs into two men and the guards that actually arrested him. I was confused about one thing though... did the guards come back to beat up K. because of what K. said in his testimony about the corruptness of the guards.. that is what it says but I do not understand why the guards would get in trouble for doing their job.. i must be missing something....

1 comment:

  1. Blah that doesn't make sense Shelby.. he didn't put the chapter randomly. You read wrong..

    ReplyDelete