Sunday, January 8, 2012

There are a few things that I'm extremely confused about right now:

One, when is the Fraulein Montag going to come back into the story? Was she just to show that K. is young or is she supposed to be a vital part of the story?

I keep forgetting that the main character is supposed to be young. Kafka makes so many references that K. is either moving with a limp or is somehow having a hard time doing a seemingly effortless task.... I wonder why Kafka does this?

It worries me that the usher says that most of the cases are "foregone conclusions" and that his wife will most likely be of little help to him. The case is seeming to become more and more of a big deal... at first I thought it was nothing. But since both his uncle and the usher are saying these things that hint at a bigger problem are worrying me. I'm also afraid that K. is going play it too low and not prepare enough for the actual trial.


In general I thought I had a pretty good hold over the book but now I'm a little less confident :/

No comments:

Post a Comment