Sunday, March 18, 2012

Themes

So after reading the story I have thought of some ideas about the themes.
1. Power- K. doesn't really have a say it is all what the court says, totalitarian government.
2. Justice- the legal system and how it works is very corrupt
3. sex- he sleeps with a lot of women who are affiliated with the court
4. isolation- K. seems very isolated and alone most of the time.

I have thought about all of these topics and the two that makes the most sense to me is Justice, and isolation.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree especially with your points 1 (similar to 2) and 4. Because he never specifies what city the novel takes place, I can only figure that his intent is for it to be a novel that could apply to really any modern town.. but this confuses me. How does that even make sense? I'm pretty sure there aren't any totalitarian governments around anymore, so why criticize an unspecified government for being so? Idk, I guess I just don't understand Kafka's purpose for writing the story.



    There is no reason that anyone should be executed or even tried without reason...nonetheless on his birthday! Bullshit

    ReplyDelete